Visa and Insurance



do not need a visa to study in the Czech Republic (as well as citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland). They only need a valid passport or another equivalent ID.

Non EU-Citizens

need the long stay visa or the long-term residence permit before arriving in the Czech Republic. For more information please look at the webside of the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
For getting the long stay visa or long-term residence permit you need from VOŠIS - Letter of acceptance and Confirmation about accomodation. You have to apply earlier to the Erasmus study program  then other students because you need more then three month to apply for the visa.
For visa and residence permit you have to apply in the local Czech Embassy or Consulate.


Health Insurance

All EU-Citizens have their European Insurance Card, but we recommend for all students (students from non EU countries obligatorily) to have a travel health insurance for their stay in the Czech Republic. The European Insurance Card covers only necessary and urgent health care.